Cancer is a horrible disease that slowly takes life away from people. It starts out undetectable at first but can quickly manifest itself if declining health. There are ways that doctors have devised to help detect cancers in various parts of the body. Breast cancer can be detected by seasonal testing. If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer and are contemplating treatment, then you need to know your options. Here are the options for breast cancer treatment Newport Beach.
Some treatments are better than others but many times the following may be combined with another treatment for better results.
- Your doctor may remove the cancer mass from your body through surgical means.
- Radiation therapy kills the cancer cells. This method is used if the cancer has spread throughout the body.
- Chemotherapy is an intense treatment that kills the cancer cells.
- Hormone therapy is used to help control the hormones that feed the cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy focuses on the area and eradicates the cancer.
- Immunotherapy engages your own immune system to target the cancer.
There are a number of ways that cancer can be killed. Your doctor will help you decide which method is right for you. But many times, a combination of treatments will be used to make sure it does not come back years later.