Roof Replacement or Repair?
If you are buying an older home, you want to make sure the roof is in great shape and shows no signs of needing a replacement, at least for a few years. While a newer home may have only one shingle layer, ensure that the current layer of shingles is in excellent condition.
It is wise to know that your home should not have any more than three layers of shingles. Older homes have been known to have up to seven layers of roofing. These many layers of shingles are bad for the infrastructure of the house.
However, sometimes your roof can reach the end of its life, and you have not detected any problems. A roof that is not vented correctly causes future problems.
What are some of the signs that a roof needs replacing? And do you need a roof replacement or simply a roof repair?
The following are possible signs that you have a roof problem. The roof is the most critical asset to any home or business. It is the roof that keeps the infrastructure and the contents of your home safe and sound. If your roof and foundation are in excellent condition, everything else remains safe.
- If you experience a leak through the ceiling of your home, this is one of the first definitive signs that you may have a roof problem.
- Do your shingles look worn out? Do you see the coating of the shingles worn off?
- The outside elements are hard on your roof shingles. Humidity, rain, frost, ice, snow, and wind are all the factors that cause havoc on your roof. However, shingles and other roofing materials are durable enough to withstand these harsh elements, but not forever. A new roof lasts at least twenty years. After a time, you may notice that some of your shingles are curling at the edges.
- Do you see cracks in your shingles?
- Do you notice dark streaks running through the shingles? While dark lines across your shingles are of no immediate concern, they do tell you that your roof may be nearing its end of life.
- Is moss growing over your shingles? If you live in a state that has high humidity or your roof does not get much sun. Moss can begin to appear. Moss holds onto moisture, which over a short time can damage the shingles. You can easily brush off this moss. However, it will reappear. Keep branches cut away from the roof.
- Never make it a habit to walk on your roof. Your shoes remove the critical top layer of shingles.
Only a seasoned roofing contractor can advise you regarding roof repair or replacement. The contractor can tell you how much time you can spare before having the old roof replaced.
Damage to the roof may not always be visibly apparent to your eyes. It is wise to have a roofing contractor get on your roof and examine the shingles. A roofing contractor can make repairs when they are needed to give your roof a longer life. If your roof needs replacing and you fail to follow through, then the underlayment becomes damaged. When you do have that replacement done, you will undoubtedly need new underlayment applied. Roof maintenance helps you avoid further costly repairs.
The seasoned roofing contractor helps you decide if asphalt, clay, or metal is the best choice for your situation and budget.
A Call to Action to Protect Your Family and Home with a Quality Roof Replacement
A quality, seasoned, skilled, and experienced roofing contractor provides,
- A timely, free, no-obligation examination and consultation about the condition of your roof.
- Answers to all your questions and concerns
- The best options for you
- To you, an informed roofing decision through education.
- A job right the first time
- Seasoned, experienced, skilled work
- Budget-sensitive recommendations
- Trust and open communication
- Quality damage roof restorations and replacements that last.
- A personal, written guarantee
If you notice any signs that your roof may have problems, access this website https://www.loaconstruction.com/ for more in-depth information. Avoid any further damage to the structure and inside of your home.